2017’s Theme: Reality, Augmented.
Ariana, Demos, Lindsey P., Yuan
Proposal 1: DIY Distortion Gallery
- Collective coloring book. Everyone inputs color and location through touch in Window 1. An image is generated, though the outcome is unexpected & distorted.
- Result is fed into Window 2, which carousels through the images that are generated.
- People can then obtain the image generated.
Proposal 2: Overreaction Maching & Awkward Photobooth
- Window 1 Prompt: How are you feeling today? User selects from a set of preselected moods.
- Giant face in the window reacts however you’ve stipulated, but it’s an overreaction.
- Window 2 Prompt: “Taking your photo in 5…4…3…SNAP”
- Photo is taken but you never know when, so you’re always in the process of smiling but not actually fully posed.
- There may be some form of data collection display
Proposal 3: Break my heart!
- There is a Gigantic heart in Window 1.
- There is a prompt for user input (texting, movement, whatever)in Window 2.
- As the volume of user input increases, the heart moves until it bursts opens.